Laser Cavity Detection and Treatment for Phoenix and Scottsdale Residents
Do you think it is possible for you to detect early signs of tooth decay and cavities? Wouldn’t you rather choose a dentist who performs laser cavity detection and offers cavity treatment so you can be sure your teeth and gums are healthy for many years to come? Well, if you live in the Phoenix and Scottsdale areas, you can come see Dr. Smallwood today to help prevent and treat your cavities!
Detecting and treating decay before cavities form
Did you know that cavities are the result of tooth decay? Well wouldn’t it be nice if there were a way to prevent and/or treat tooth decay before it leads to a cavity?
Now there is a way! At the Centre for Contemporary Dental Concepts, Dr. Trent Smallwood loves using the latest technology and procedures to offer the ultimate dental services to all of his patients. Such an example of cutting-edge technology is the DIAGNOdent laser cavity detection device that he utilizes at his office.
Why is DIAGNOdent a great dentistry tool?
The laser cavity detection device enables Dr. Smallwood to:
- Find and pinpoint the exact location of tooth decay before it can be seen with the naked eye
- Detect decay and cavities in the early stages before it advances to tooth loss or leads to removing a significant amount of your tooth in order to place a filling
- Locate decay within the tiny grooves and fissures of your teeth, often where it’s the hardest to locate using any other method
- Offer laser cavity treatment with 90% accuracy in detecting decay or cavities
- Detect and treat decay early enough so we can restore your tooth to a healthy status
The purpose of cosmetic bonding
Once we detect decay, we are able to treat cavities using tooth-colored bonding procedures. This will enable Dr. Smallwood to fix your cavities without the need for pain and numbing!
- Bonding allows our cosmetic dentist to perform cosmetic dentistry restorations to produce exquisite, gorgeous results—a healthy, beautiful smile!
- With cosmetic bonding, he is able to replace your old, silver fillings with tooth-colored fillings so you’ll have a more attractive smile.
- Also with bonding, Dr. Smallwood can fix any dark or white spots on your teeth or repair chipped teeth.
- Cosmetic dental bonding is a versatile, conservative approach to fixing your dental flaws and cavities.
The importance of consistent, healthy oral care
In order for Dr. Smallwood to detect and treat cavities, it is important that you come to the office for your 6-month checkup appointments. That way, we can prevent tooth decay from getting worse. It is also important to follow a healthy, consistent oral hygiene regime. That includes flossing, brushing your teeth 2-3 times per day, and limiting your sugar intake. All of these practices will help you have a healthy mouth filled with beautiful teeth and gums!
Come see our dentist for cavity detection and treatment!
If you would like to take advantage of the cavity treatment options offered by Dr. Smallwood, we encourage you to call us today to schedule your appointment. You will feel safe and comfortable with his dental expertise and his several years of experience in dentistry. Your dental health is important to your overall health, so come see us today!